Messiah Lifeways Rehab
For adults 55 and better living in the greater Harrisburg area, Messiah Lifeways Rehab provides consistent, high-quality outcomes for both inpatient and outpatients. Our services offer healing and hope by promoting each individual’s maximum level of function and independence.
Whether recovering from surgery or in need of physical, speech, or occupational therapy, Messiah Lifeways Rehab will get you back to functioning at the highest level possible. Based upon physician referral, our rehabilitative therapy staff works with you to meet your specific goals on an outpatient basis for a variety of injuries and illnesses, including stroke, hip and knee replacements, degenerative neurological disorders, and impairments. Short-term rehab stays are also available in the Wagner Transitional Neighborhood on the campus of Messiah Lifeways at Messiah Village.
Common problems that benefit from rehabilitative services include:
- Balance and coordination impairments
- Difficulty swallowing
- Difficulty with the activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, etc.)
- Impaired ability to transfer or ambulate
- Cognitive/perceptual or speech/language problems
- Physical impairments
- Weakness or limited motion in limbs
- Memory impairment
- Functional limitations following surgical procedures