A wellness center specifically designed for you
While many gyms advertise to those 55 and better, very few cater to them. That’s why we’ve built the Messiah Lifeways Wellness Program, designed for your specific age group with your needs and interests in mind. Certified personal trainers, and group fitness and aquatic instructors, are available to assist members in achieving their fitness goals.In addition, all new members will receive orientation to the Wellness facility, equipment, and Strong Life Fitness Program. Members will also be offered one free training session with a personal trainer to help set up a personalized wellness program.
Water is a safe training venue for assistance in achieving many desired benefits and goals. Aquatic training is easier on joints and bones and increases range of motion, balance, and coordination.
- •Warm-water pool with temperatures of 86-90 degrees Fahrenheit meeting the Arthritis Foundation guidelines for persons with arthritis or orthopedic problems
- •A relaxing, therapeutic Jacuzzi
- •A variety of programs and classes to restore and maintain health and function
The Fitness Center provides the age-appropriate equipment needed to have a well-rounded training program.
- •Keiser Air strength training equipment for chest press, upper back, leg extensions, lateral pull-down, and more
- •Cardiovascular equipment, including treadmills, elliptical, exercise bikes, and recumbent steppers
- •Free weights also available
Physical Fitness and Wellness Programs
The Messiah Lifeways Wellness Center offers many opportunities for members to meet their wellness goals. Enjoy supervised fitness sessions, one-on-one personal training, guest speakers, and the Strong Life Program and Fitness Exercise classes– a variety of classes designed around the Functional Fitness Test.
- •Strong Muscles and Bones
- •Strong balance & Agility
- •Strong Body
- •Tai Chi
- •SilverSneakers® Classic
- •Nutrition & Healthy Cooking
- •Silver & Fit