Messiah Lifeways volunteers are a vital part of our team. They serve with respect, confidentiality, enthusiasm, creativity, love, and concern. Our volunteers are men, women, and students, at least the age of 13. We offer a wide variety of volunteer opportunities that provide personal enrichment and help enhance the quality of life for our residents and clients.
If you are willing to share your time and talents to volunteer, we will work with you to establish a schedule that fits your lifestyle. Volunteers receive an orientation and also receive specific training for their task.
Here are some examples of how you can help as a volunteer:
- Reading to Residents
- Clothing Sale
- Provide Office Support
- Share Musical Talents
- Sing in Men’s Chorus
- Deliver Ice Pitchers in Nursing Care
- Fireside Grille Hostess
- Take Residents in Wheelchairs to Therapy, Beauty Shop, Resident Programs, and Other Activities
- Pet Visits
- Sound Room Technicians
- Staff Assistants
- Swimming Assistants
- Quilting visit MessiahLifeways.org/quilts to see some of the beautiful work of the Messiah Lifeways quilters.
- Accompanying Residents to Medical Appointments
- Gift Shop, Coffee Shop, and Country Store Clerks and Managers
Please take this opportunity to fill out a Volunteer Application.
For more information on volunteer opportunities, please call us at 717.790.8203.