In the Public Eye
Messiah Lifeways frequently provides sources, story tips and contributed material to the media. For details about Messiah Lifeways, see our In the News, Fact Sheets, and Awards sections. For media queries or to arrange interviews, contact:
VP, Marketing and Communication
Direct dial: 717.790.8206
MESSIAH LIFEWAYS AT A GLANCE
BACKGROUND Messiah Lifeways, formerly known as Messiah Village, provides a comprehensive network of services for adults 55 and better in South Central Pennsylvania. Messiah Lifeways, based in Mechanicsburg, is a non-profit sponsored by the Brethren in Christ Church.
HISTORY Founded in 1896 as the Messiah Rescue and Benevolent Home in Harrisburg, the organization adopted the Messiah Lifeways brand in 2012 to better reflect its broad scope of services.
SCOPE The Messiah Lifeways team of more than 600 employees enhances the lives of more than 1,800 older adults each year through its resident communities and community-based programs.
RESIDENT COMMUNITIES Messiah Lifeways operates two resident communities: Messiah Lifeways at Messiah Village in Mechanicsburg, which offers residential living, enhanced living and nursing care for 700 residents, and Messiah Lifeways at Mount Joy Country Homes in Mt. Joy, Lancaster County, which offers active adult living for 70 residents.
LIFE COACHING Messiah Lifeways Coaching is the first of its kind in our region, offering complimentary, one-on-one access to an experienced life coach
ENRICHMENT OPPORTUNITIES Messiah Lifeways also offers a broad range of programs that reach into the community at large, including these services for those 55 and better:
- Pathways Institute for Lifelong Learning® offers dozens of educational courses in our region, serving 500+ adults each semester
- Mechanicsburg Place: A senior center & more provides a gathering place for those 55 and better
- Messiah Lifeways Wellness A membership-based health and wellness program
COMMUNITY SUPPORT SERVICES
- Connections This innovative grassroots “community” enables individuals to age in place by providing access to services and social and volunteer opportunities
- In addition, Messiah Lifeways offers Messiah Lifeways At Home which provides in-home care, Messiah Lifeways Adult Day with locations in Mechancisburg, PA and Carlisle, PA, Messiah Lifeways Rehab providing short-term and outpatient rehabilitation services, and Messiah Lifeways Respite to support caregivers. For more information, see our Fact Sheets.