Media Contact: Katie Andreano (cell: 973.865.1742)
Last updated: Wednesday, April 8, 2020 | 3:30 pm
Dear Residents, Family Members, Clients, and Community Members,
In keeping with Messiah Lifeways’ commitment to providing the highest level of care for residents, we would like to reassure you that we are following guidelines from the PA Department of Health and the CDC, as well as working closely with our consulting physicians to prepare for any potential cases of COVID-19 and to prevent the virus from spreading to residents, clients, and team members. We feel that the best approach to this situation is to be responsibly proactive, which has affected all of Messiah Lifeways’ entities in a variety of ways. We ask for your understanding and cooperation as we all adjust to rapidly changing protocol.
We do NOT have any confirmed cases of COVID-19 in connection with Messiah Lifeways at this time.
Here are the latest updates:
- With Easter quickly approaching, we realize that it will be very difficult not to spend time with extended family and friends, participating in our respective traditions. But, we encourage you to think of these changes not just as an inconvenience, but as an opportunity to show love toward our neighbors by staying home and protecting our loved ones from this virus. Here are some specific requests related to the holiday weekend:
- First, refrain from gathering with those of us at Messiah Village, even outdoors.
- Second, postpone any exchange of hand-made treats and re-packaged items.
- Only deliveries of essential items are permitted (groceries, medications) and please only pre-packaged goods, not homemade desserts, Easter baskets, gifts, etc.
- Third, do not encourage your loved ones to spend time at your house this holiday – this is a violation of the current stay-at-home order issued by Governor Wolf. If a resident comes in close contact with anyone outside of their residence, they will be asked to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Read the full letter concerning Easter from Curt Stutzman, President & CEO here.
- To our neighbors – we’re glad you enjoy spending time on Messiah Village’s beautiful campus, but for the safety of residents, we must prohibit all foot traffic during this time.
- Vehicles may only enter and exit the Messiah Village campus through the Main Entrance off Mt. Allen Drive, but please be aware that Cumberland County has been placed on a stay-at-home order by the Governor, so non-essential travel is prohibited.
- As of Wednesday, April 1, visitors are not permitted to enter the Village Square and Village Commons apartment buildings, unless providing a pre-approved essential service.
- Visitors are also not permitted in the Village Center building until further notice. This includes family members, volunteers, and Residential Living residents. If you are a family member who would like assistance communicating with your loved one, please contact the neighborhood social worker.
- All employees and visitors deemed essential must be screened at the Village Center entrance before entering any of our buildings.
- Deliveries for family members in Village Center, Village Square, and Village Commons should only consist of pre-packaged items or groceries – no homemade food, please. Deliveries to Village Square and Village Commons will only be accepted between the hours of 10:00 am and 2:00 pm.
- Adult Day services are now closed until further notice in both Mechanicsburg and Carlisle locations.
- The Wellness Center is now closed until further notice. Short exercise classes are being recorded and broadcast on MVTV and can be accessed online here
- All Salons are now closed (Cerise Day Spa, Village Commons Salon, Salon at Compass Pointe)
- Pathways Institute courses are being postponed to a later date.
- Mechanicsburg Place: A Senior Center or More is closed until further notice.
- Messiah Village Church services have been canceled through April 30 as well.
- Shuttle service throughout the Messiah Village campus has been suspended.
- Dining venues at Messiah Village have shifted to boxed meals and residents should call-in orders ahead of time for delivery.
- Additional security personnel are on campus to provide added safety for all residents.
- Our Enrichment team has developed creative ways to provide activities for residents while promoting social distancing. This includes a robust schedule on MVTV and video chats with loved ones.
We recommend following CDC guidelines to stay healthy and help prevent the spread of the virus by visiting CDC.gov.
If you have any specific questions or concerns, you may leave a message on Messiah Lifeways’ hotline (717.591.7249) and our Infection Preventionist will return your call as quickly as possible.
Residential Living Residents should call 717.591.7252 for latest updates, and to leave a message.
You can help today by sending notes of encouragement to residents and team members. Send your words to email@example.com, and we will place them as slides on our in-house TV system, MVTV, and post them on our online portal. Children are encouraged to draw pictures as well! Photos and selfies also welcome! Messages should be kept to 2-3 lines (around 50 words) for optimal viewing.
Thank you for helping us keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. This blog post will be updated as more information becomes available. Thank you.