Attend the Messiah Lifeways® Professional Learning series, featuring the acclaimed documentary “Cyber Seniors.” It’s the first in a series of four documentaries that center on older adults experiencing the journey of aging. Our goal is to educate, inspire, and enhance the skills of those who serve older adults.
Attendees will be able to:
- Gain perspective and appreciation of the technology gap some older adults face and learn to bridge that gap.
- Learn and demonstrate ways to enhance the experience when providing older adults instruction, guidance, and/or assistance.
- Learn about the importance of intergenerational activities and programming between older adults and teenagers/kids.
- Gain perspective and inspiration for different types of activity and enrichment for older adults and the importance technology plays.
Watch the documentary and participate in a facilitated discussion group led by Matthew Gallardo, Director of Community Engagement & Coaching at Messiah Lifeways.
Two (2) Continuing Education Credits will be offered for:
- The National Association of Social Workers - PA Chapter (NASW-PA)1*
- The National Certification Council of Activities Professionals (NCCAP)2
- The National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB)3
To register, call 717.591.7225 or complete the online form below by February 10. If you register below, please indicate which CEU certification you are applying for (if any) in the"Address 2 box".
Fee: $10 cash or check at the door. Separate accreditation fees for NASW-PA apply.
ALL ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND!
1 NASW-PA Chapter is a co-sponsor of this workshop. 2 CEs will be awarded for completion of this course. NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for social workers (Section 47.36), Marriage and Family Therapist (Section 48.36) and Professional Counselors (Section 49.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors. CE Certificate fee made payable to NASW-PA (mail in evaluation & payment to receive certificate) NASW Members-$15,Non-Members-$25.
2 NCCAP Approval Number 500530-20.
3 This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 2 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS—Approval #20210213-2-A62642-IN.