Join us for “The Age of Love,” the second in a series of four documentaries that center on older adults experiencing the journey of aging. Our goal is to educate, inspire, and enhance the skills of those who serve older adults.
Attendees will be able to:
- To dispel ageism, stereotypes, and generalizations on how people age 70+ should act, speak, or feel about new relationships, dating, and sex later in life.
- Learn and appreciate that love, companionship, and intimacy are important no matter our age, particularly after the death of a spouse or a late divorce.
- Recognize and acknowledge the risks of isolation, boredom, loneliness, and the struggles and challenges older adults face about their body image, their sense of self, and depression.
- Gain perspective and inspiration for different types of activity and enrichment opportunities for older adults for relationship building, socialization, a sense of belonging, or feeling desirable.
Watch the documentary and participate in a facilitated discussion group led by Matthew Gallardo, Director of Community Engagement & Coaching at Messiah Lifeways.
Continental breakfast will be served and 2 Continuing Education Credits will be offered for:
- The National Association of Social Workers - PA Chapter (NASW-PA)1
- The National Certification Council of Activities Professionals (NCCAP)2
- The National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB)3
To register, call 717.591.7225 or complete the form below by May 1. Fee: $10 (cash or check) at the door. All are welcome to attend.
1 NASW-PA Chapter is a co-sponsor of this workshop. 2 CEs will be awarded for completion of this course. NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for social workers (Section 47.36), Marriage and Family Therapist (Section 48.36) and Professional Counselors (Section 49.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors. CE Certificate fee made payable to NASW-PA (mail in evaluation & payment to receive certificate) NASW Members - $15, Non-Members -$25.
2 NCCAP Approval Number pending.
3This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 2 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS—Approval #20210506-2-A65084-IN